11 communities in Wisconsin voted Tuesday to support a referendum asking for the United States Constitution to be amended to address corporate personhood and money in politics.
The local referendums passed with solid majorities in Janesville, Beloit, Platteville, Monroe, New London, Lancaster, Brodhead, Darlington, Clarno, York and Belmont.
Tuesday’s votes brings the total number of Wisconsin communities that have called for an amendment to 72, added up, those jurisdictions represent 2.5 million people, or 44% of Wisconsin residents.
WDRT spoke with George Penn, a representative of Wisconsin United to Amend, a nonpartisan group working to organize the state in support of a constitutional amendment.
Democratic Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders made a campaign stop in Onalaska, Wisconsin on Wednesday, speaking to over 3,300 people at the Omni Center.
Nearly Noon News Coverage: Listen Here
Full Speech: Listen Here
Join Eddy Nix as he talks with Michael Dunn about Shakespeare, Sherlock Holmes and Human Rights.
WDRT in keeping with its mission of teaching the art of broadcasting and the production of original programming, WDRT is offering the WDRT Media Arts Community Scholarship to graduating high school students OR post-high school continuing education students who are actively pursuing a degree or additional educational opportunities in the field of Media Arts.
Award Amount: One $500 cash award – awarded Spring 2016.
Duration Amount: One-time award paid during award ceremony.
Purpose: The purpose of the WDRT Media Arts Community Scholarship is to encourage and support community youth, in the WDRT listening area, in their educational aspirations to pursue radio, communications, journalism or other forms of media arts.
• Applicants must be graduating from a high school or post-high school students (community college/college) with a permanent address/home of record in the WDRT listening area and are attending an institution of higher learning and pursuing studies/degrees in the discipline of Media Arts. For a list of listening area high schools please see below. If you have questions regarding eligibility please email email@example.com for clarification.
• Must demonstrate a financial need.
• Must demonstrate a passion in the field of media arts and pursuing a degree, apprenticeship or internship in the study of the profession.
• Must be available to attend events or photo/publicity sessions as notified by the Scholarship Committee of WDRT.
• Must agree to authorize, WDRT, 91.9 FM and Running, Inc. to publicize your scholarship award, if you are selected.
A group of Wisconsin residents talk about the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance and their work to protect the land in Utah.
Join Marianne Fieber-Dhara, Pita Daniels and Neil Knutson for the 2016 Winter edition of Soul Stories, focusing on the Chinese Zodiac.